Map Services from ArcGIS Server drawing very slowly only on certain computers

Jump to solution
03-09-2022 02:27 PM
ShannonPugh
Occasional Contributor

Whether it is accessing an ArcGIS Online web app or pulling map services into a ArcGIS Pro project via url, certain computers in our organization draw the map services from our ArcGIS Server very slowly, if at all. It is not browser related because we have tested that.

An example of a web app in which this happens: https://escfl.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/minimalist/index.html?appid=3ed22391073e424b836ec873fa9d6...

The DRC point layer draws fine, but it is an ArcGIS Online web service. The other layers will draw fine for some and really poorly for others. It seems to me that our ArcGIS Server is not playing well with certain computers, for whatever reason. I would check settings between computers that work and those that don't, but I wouldn't even know where to start.

ArcGIS Server version 10.5.1

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EricJohnson2
New Contributor III

Shannon, I lowered the display resolution in the advanced scaling setting on my monitor from 3840x2160 to 1920x1080 and the DRC points along with the streets and parcels draw fast and furious like a full court press.  This resolution switch actually caused my Lot of Records map to sync up as well.  Chris in IT got the turnover and came through with the buzzer beater to send our ORG to the N(IT) play-in game.  From sadness to March Gladness.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
EricJohnson2
New Contributor III

Shannon, I lowered the display resolution in the advanced scaling setting on my monitor from 3840x2160 to 1920x1080 and the DRC points along with the streets and parcels draw fast and furious like a full court press.  This resolution switch actually caused my Lot of Records map to sync up as well.  Chris in IT got the turnover and came through with the buzzer beater to send our ORG to the N(IT) play-in game.  From sadness to March Gladness.