How to setup different sharing model on Feature service and Map Service published from SQL Server(referenced) ?

04-28-2023 01:53 AM
KrittikaModak3
New Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I want to create services in such a way that a Map Service that will be required for Analysis, Visualization will be accessed anonymously but the Feature service must have restricted access for Editing. 

This can be done easily using Hosted Views, however, is there a way to do this using Referenced services from ENT GDBs? My data has relationship classes on it too. So my workflow would be to have the Map Service open to everyone, use ArcGIS Pro to run Buffer, and see related records on it too. 

We have a Federated environment. For the time being, I have created the services and re-added the Map Service as an item with stored credentials which I am sharing with Everyone. 

Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 Reply
JeffThomasILM
Occasional Contributor II

I have this same general question regarding read-only public access and authorized editing access. As we are looking into a web-first paradigm for most users to edit or view data in our SDE database, it seems crazy that we'd have to set up 2 services (minimum!) for different permissions. Is it possible to (or does Esri have plans to ever) allow anonymous read-only access, while configuring editable access for the same service if logged in?