Transit map with offset routes

Jump to solution
11-22-2020 06:01 AM
NavaSheer
Occasional Contributor

Is there a new tool in Pro that will offset routes that overlap each other?   I would prefer to symbolically display the offset but if that does not exist than  physically moving the lines would do as well.  I don't need to keep it as part of a network, it is just for display.   I have seen many posts on this issues from the past decade, but I still have not found a  simple and appropriate (no special licensing required)  solution.  Seems like such a standard thing to be able to map overlapping bus routes clearly, especially when so much transit GTFS data is now available for free.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NavaSheer
Occasional Contributor

Thanks - I was really hoping that ESRI would have found someway to address this.  Oh well.  Thanks for the link to schematic maps- it indeed looks very complicated

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, no, ArcGIS Pro does not have any easy-to-use tools to make schematic diagrams of non-overlapping transit lines on a map.

Here is a nice article describing the many challenges of this workflow: https://medium.com/transit-app/how-we-built-the-worlds-prettiest-auto-generated-transit-maps-12d0c6f...

0 Kudos
NavaSheer
Occasional Contributor

Thanks - I was really hoping that ESRI would have found someway to address this.  Oh well.  Thanks for the link to schematic maps- it indeed looks very complicated

0 Kudos