Error in 'Generate Stop-Street Connector' Tool

Jump to solution
01-17-2019 10:52 AM
Labels (1)
ParomitaNakshi
New Contributor

Hello!

I am trying to use 'Generate Stop-Street Connector' tool from 'Add GTFS to network dataset' toolbox. I recently downloaded the toolbox from here: Add GTFS to a Network Dataset and added it to ArcMap. 

But when I run the 'Generate Stop-Street Connector' tool, it is not working and I am getting an error message like the screenshot attached here. What can I do to address this error? 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ParomitaNakshi
New Contributor

I am using a different data source. I already had a street and a stop shapefile collected from my local authority. So I didn't have to go through the first step of generating transit lines and stops. Because we just add the transit lines and stop shapefiles to generate connectors using 'Generate Stop-Street Connector' tool, I am assuming this tool should work in the same way for my street and stop shapefiles?

Thanks

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

No, it doesn't work that way, unfortunately.  The Step 1 tool creates in addition to the transit lines and stops, a SQLite database containing the GTFS schedules and other information necessary for the transit evaluator to work later.  If this database doesn't get created, then the Step 2 tool will fail, and you won't be able to use the transit evaluator in the network dataset either because it won't be able to look up the schedules.  Unfortunately, the tool was designed explicitly and exclusively for use with GTFS data...

0 Kudos
ParomitaNakshi
New Contributor

Oh, I see! 

Thanks a lot though. Really appreciate your help. 

0 Kudos