Having problems getting data driven scale to work

12-12-2014 07:56 AM
StacyStanton
New Contributor II

I am trying to use the data driven scale for a project I am working on and it does not seem to be working.  I am working on a Fire Department Box book and the data driven pages are set to be based on the box boundaries.  I added another column to the box boundary attribute table for the scale and put in what I wanted each page to be scaled at ex: 3600 or 4800 etc.  When I set the scale to be data driven and use that attribute it does not change the scale to what I set it for.  What am I doing wrong?

Tags (1)
15 Replies
StacyStanton
New Contributor II

I got the file from someone else, I believe it has always been a shape file, not from CAD or anything. It is projected when I look at it on my end.

Stacy L. Stanton

Administrative Assistant

Department of Public Works

Village of Churchville

Phone: 585-293-3366

Fax: 585-293-3693

0 Kudos
JamesFitzgerald
Occasional Contributor II

I projected it to NAD_1983_StatePlane_New_York_Central. I am working on it now. I see what you are talking about. It doesn't seem to recognize the DD_Scale.

James

StacyStanton
New Contributor II

I took a look at the projection and it was NAD1927 so I reprojected it as 1983 and it worked! Why didn’t I think of that?! Thank you so much!!!!

Stacy L. Stanton

Administrative Assistant

Village of Churchville

JamesFitzgerald

Hey,

I fixed your problem. I projected the shapefile.shp to NAD_1983_StatePlane_New_York_Central. I added a new field called "Scale" but but made the type 'Double' instead of 'Long Integer'. I populated the new field with your values for scale. I am not sure if it was the projection or the type but it works. Let me know if I can further assist. James

JamesFitzgerald

Hello Stacy,

Could you mark your post as helpful and correct?

Thanks

James

StacyStanton
New Contributor II

Thanks again for all your help!

Stacy L. Stanton

Administrative Assistant

Village of Churchville