ESRI Native 360° Imagery/Video Viewer for AGO/Enterprise/Portal

08-03-2022 11:31 AM
OwensS
by
New Contributor III

ESRI Needs a "Basic" 360° Image/Video Viewer (Widget) for its native Web Mapping Application as well as for some Instant Apps. Create the OIC Catalog with multiple 360° Images and/or video as well as point file data assigned to each.

Here is another similar example I used with Experience Builder & 3rd-party 360° Online Image Vendors; here you can see the 360° image on the bottom left and the 360° Feature Spin Video/Image on the bottom right associated with each of my Data Asset Points.

360 Assets.jpg

Here is the Link to my Experience - please follow the instructions listed on the site:

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/a1b01644f61b43d2aceb5c66f902d905/page/360-Assets/

Tags (3)
8 Comments
PeterBecker
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Can you clarify what you feel is currently missing in this regard with Oriented Imagery.

You should be able to create an OIC that references both the 360 and video. If you click the point (or click what  you would like to see) the OIC would bring up the appropriate image/video. If there is is a direction/orientation associated with it it will also show you the frustum.

OwensS
by

The biggest flaw I feel is missing is the direct relationship bw the OIC Catalog Schema vs the dedicated 360° Camera Hardwares Exif/Metadata/Schema for Geo-related data. I doubt 360° Camera Manufacturers had ESRI OIC in mind when developing their cams.

Many of the 360° Cameras Data Schemas usually do not match to ESRI's OIC Schema and therein lyes the disconnect. I used a fairly older (3-5 years old now) 360° Camera ( Xiaomi Mi Sphere 360 camera) which no matter what method of OIC Catalog "ingest" would not comply; thus I turned to the Online 3rd-party 360° Vendor workflow to create my applications.

PeterBecker
Note there are no standard for how to encode image orientation into EXIF/XMP. Each vendor have their own method.
We have a generic Image Type in Oriented Imagery to which we have added the method used by a number of vendors (eg DJI). If you can provide a couple of sample images we can look to see if that can be added. The alternative is to create your own python image type.<>
OwensS
by

Pete,

Please find link below for sample Ricoh Theta X Sample Images from the Ricoh Theta X 360° Camera (they are not from the sample Experience). More info on the Ricoh Theta X Camera here:

https://theta360.com/en/about/theta/x.html

Samples Link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dYvjneElaWk2MRyMCtFBoBp_p5AHotPI?usp=sharing

Thank you.

PeterBecker

Thanks for reference to this. If one looks into the EXIF/XMP on sees the following (see end)

It has the GPS Position with a precision of a couple of meters.

The orientation in the XML show 0 for all angles. It is possible that in the post processing the data is internally resampled such that the angles are 0, or it may be that the values are not measured. Will become apparent once added.

We should have enough to get this added. Will update this post once available.

EXIF_FocalLength=(1.4)
EXIF_GPSAltitude=(1.1)
EXIF_GPSAltitudeRef=0x01
EXIF_GPSDateStamp=2022:07:23
EXIF_GPSImgDirectionRef=M
EXIF_GPSLatitude=(30) (20.321) (0)
EXIF_GPSLatitudeRef=N
EXIF_GPSLongitude=(89) (24.097) (0)
EXIF_GPSLongitudeRef=W
EXIF_GPSMapDatum=WGS-84
EXIF_GPSMeasureMode=3
EXIF_GPSTimeStamp=(20) (22) (17)
EXIF_PixelXDimension=11008
EXIF_PixelYDimension=5504
EXIF_Software=RICOH THETA X Ver 1.10.1
Metadata (xml:XMP):
.. GPano:PosePitchDegrees="0" GPano:PoseRollDegrees="0" GPano:ProjectionType="equirectangular" GPano:UsePanoramaViewer="True" xmp:CreateDate="2022-07-23T15:22:22" xmp:CreatorTool="RICOH THETA X Ver 1.10.1" xmp:ModifyDate="2022-07-24T16:39:08-05:00" xmp:MetadataDate="2022-07-24T16:39:08-05:00" ....

OwensS
by

Outstanding! Thank you.

RandallRebello

Hi @OwensS & @PeterBecker , 

I had a look at this data against the google street view standard tags which offers an explanation of the XMP tags. This is the link... https://developers.google.com/streetview/spherical-metadata

I did notice that GPano:PoseHeadingDegrees is missing in the XMP data. Similarly in the Exif metadata the tag EXIF_GPSImgDirection is also missing.  The current version of OI GPTools reads the  EXIF_GPSImgDirection value for CamHeading. The upcoming release will also read the GPano:PoseHeadingDegrees tag from XMP for CamHeading. However in your images both these tags are not present. The GPTool will assign the value -9999 (unknown direction) if a default direction is not specified. 

I did put 0 as the direction for one of the images you shared and it seemed to be correct. So maybe there is a north correction being applied and that is the direction to use.  But it will need some tweaking. 

RandallRebello_0-1675233152496.png

Randall

ClarkSelby

Here are two other options to consider for effortlessly leveraging 360 imagery and video in ArcGIS Online and Enterprise.

1. GeoTube for ArcGIS. This tool seamlessly integrates a YouTube video player directly within ArcGIS Experience Builder.  GeoTube allows users to watch YouTube videos (2D or 360) within the web map while simultaneously displaying the associated location, visualizing the video path, and observing the playback location as features on the map. This enhanced user interface provides a comprehensive and intuitive understanding of the spatial relationship between videos and their corresponding geographic locations. You can learn more about GeoTube here: https://www.nodeology.net/geotube/Visualize in YouTube. Analyze in ArcGIS.Visualize in YouTube. Analyze in ArcGIS.
  2. SiteViewer 360 for ArcGIS: By capturing your site with a 360 camera, you can immerse yourself in panoramic views, enabling detailed analysis and exploration from every angle. ArcGIS Online 360 demos are available, featuring imagery of Hurricane Ian, Pittsburgh Steps, and Rails-to-Trails, at the bottom of this page:  https://www.nodeology.net/site-viewer-360-for-arcgis/.   Hurricane IanHurricane Ian