Oriented Imagery - Add images to OIC tool - Error in adding attachments

02-10-2022 09:14 AM
Labels (1)
AndyWilkins1
New Contributor

Hi, 

We are creating an Oriented Imagery Catalog (OIC) to display 360 degree imagery stored in a Feature Service with attachments hosted on AGOL. The OIC is created within C/Temp and in BNG. When running the "Add Images to OIC" tool the tool will run for 1 min 21 seconds before failing with the below details (#).

When calling support we did manage to make this work once (although all attempts since have not worked) however the images created only span 180 degrees instead of the intended 360 degrees (See attached).

Does anyone know whats causing the 1) Add images to OIC error and 2) the 360 imagery to only span 180 degrees even when the Terrestrial 360 Camera is selected?

# I am signed in to the correct account to access the feature service - the feature service is set to public.

I have tried opening a new aprx, deleting any prior OIC from the C/TEMP before undertaking the process, using different variations of the Feature Service URL.

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.8.3

Error Message "Error in adding attachments.A process in the process pool was terminated abruptly while the future was running or pending."

Tool Details:

Add Images to Oriented Imagery Catalog
=====================
Parameters

Input Oriented Imagery Catalog DEV_NFM_OIC
Input Type FeatureServiceWithAttachments
Image List:
Folder
File Filter:
DEM:
Rendering Rule:
Parameters: FeatureServiceURL https://ea-nfm.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=549cb1915f6846bd8c13be5ed73ce37a
Imagery Type: Terrestrial 360 Camera
Oriented Imagery Type: Bubble
Camera Heading 0
Camera Pitch 90
Camera Roll 0
Horizontal Field of View 360
Vertical Field of View 180
Average Height (m) 2.5
Near Distance 0
Far Distance 30
Max Distance 50
Image Rotation 0
=====================
Environments

Output Coordinate System PROJCS["British_National_Grid",GEOGCS["GCS_OSGB_1936",DATUM["D_OSGB_1936",SPHEROID["Airy_1830",6377563.396,299.3249646]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0.0],UNIT["Degree",0.0174532925199433]],PROJECTION["Transverse_Mercator"],PARAMETER["False_Easting",400000.0],PARAMETER["False_Northing",-100000.0],PARAMETER["Central_Meridian",-2.0],PARAMETER["Scale_Factor",0.9996012717],PARAMETER["Latitude_Of_Origin",49.0],UNIT["Meter",1.0]]
=====================
Start Time: 10 February 2022 11:48:35
Installed version is the latest version.
Calling FeatureServiceWithAttachments
Error in adding attachments.A process in the process pool was terminated abruptly while the future was running or pending.
Failed to execute (AddImagesToOrientedImagery).
Failed at 10 February 2022 11:49:56 (Elapsed Time: 1 minutes 20 seconds)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KyleGallagher16
New Contributor III

Andy, I'm curious about your setup with an OIC and an AGOL feature service that has 360 photo attachments. When the photos get loaded into the OIC, are they still related to the features they were originally tied to? Or does the OIC create a new point feature class that reference the photos? We are looking to put the OI widget in an Experience Builder web app to show 360 photos of manholes.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
ChristianRiesner
New Contributor

Hello Andy,

unfortunately I am facing the same problem at the moment. The error message comes up no matter what type of imagery or location it is stored.

Did you find a solution already?

Please say yes. 😉

Thanks in advance for the reply

Chris

0 Kudos