When will Quartz support GroupLayer and Geographic Transformations?

Jump to solution
07-06-2017 07:23 AM
BjørnarSundsbø1
Occasional Contributor II

Looking at the missing features in the Quartz release, I'm wondering if you have a roadmap for this version you can share. We just completed migrating from the old Runtime for WPF before you released 100.1, and haven't looked too much into the quartz release.

We currently rely on GroupLayers for our show/hide functionality, though I expect we can circumvent that limitation on our own.

The other part I'm wondering about in Choosing the right version | ArcGIS for Developers  is Geographic Transformations; what do you mean by this? I see GeometryEngine.Project is available, but was wondering if you are referring to supporting multiple Spatial Reference in one map, automatic projection of graphics, or something else entirely.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

We would like to support both geographic transformations in geometry engine operations and transformations for layers in the map in the upcoming 100.2 release in late-2017 / early-2018.

GroupLayer functionality is currently planned for another release in 2018.

Cheers

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
StephenFoster
New Contributor II

A roadmap would be very helpful. I convinced my manager that Quartz was the way to go but now my project is on hold because I don't know when to expect required features.

I need support for time-enabled layers. I see some of the service info but no way to specify a time extent.

Support for stream layers would be really nice. I have already invested a lot of time in my GeoEvent server. That is how I sold Quartz for a future release.

0 Kudos
BjørnarSundsbø1

It appears that Geographic Transformations refers to mixing layers with different spatial reference in the map, or at least I was not able to do it. Am I right? Adding a map with WKID 25833 and graphics in 4326 does seem to work.

When will live transformation of layers of different spatial references be available?

0 Kudos
BjørnarSundsbø1

Any news on this?

0 Kudos
BjørnarSundsbø1

I'm still hoping for some updates on this topic from ESRI staff.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

We would like to support both geographic transformations in geometry engine operations and transformations for layers in the map in the upcoming 100.2 release in late-2017 / early-2018.

GroupLayer functionality is currently planned for another release in 2018.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
BjørnarSundsbø1

Thanks

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

100.2 just shipped with support for geo transformations.

0 Kudos
BjørnarSundsbø1

Thanks. Noticed last night. 

Is a roadmap for the future features available somewhere? StephenJFoster‌ requested Time-Aware layers (now available), as well as StreamingLayer.

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Our road ahead changes all the time, so we don't share concrete specifics until we're confident we can commit to it in the near future. The only way to get our road-ahead thinking would be to attend the Runtime Road Ahead sessions at Devsummit or User Conference (note that these sessions are never recorded for the same reason).

However, feel free to request functionality in the forums. We do listen here, and it does help us putting things in the backlog or re-prioritize.

As mentioned before StreamingLayer and GroupLayer are in our backlog, but I cannot make any specific commitments to those at this point.