GenerateGeodatabase job is failing while downloading offline map

Jump to solution
01-11-2017 09:42 PM
VinayPrabhakar
New Contributor

Hi All,

Since we have updated our SDK to 100.0.0 we are unable to download offline Geodatabase map in our xamarin Application.

We are referring the sample code given at Create an offline map—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers 

Only thing we are not doing exactly as of the sample code is passing extent because,Below code throwing exception for us.

Envelope extent = MyMapView.GetCurrentViewpoint(ViewpointType.BoundingGeometry).TargetGeometry as Envelope;
If I want to pass a generic extent which will cover all the map,What we need to pass in that case.
Before 100.0.0 we were  not passing any extent,In that case how everything was downloading smoothly?
If we are passing hard coded extent still no luck.
The Error I am getting is:
Job failed. Job error 22 User defined failure. Error while handling generate geodatabase job statu

0 Kudos
27 Replies
VinayPrabhakar
New Contributor

I am able to get extent now.Still Job is failing.

I don't know what is going wrong.

Below is the message I am getting in job message:

Error while handling generate geodatabase job status. Job error 500 Unable to create replica

Thanks & Regards

Binay Prabhakar Yadav

Mobile: +91 8095648069

0 Kudos
ChadYoder1
Occasional Contributor II

Post the latest code you are using and I'll take a look.  It worked using the code I sent earlier.  Did you try that code?

0 Kudos
VinayPrabhakar
New Contributor

your code also didn't work for me.

Sent from my Mi phone

0 Kudos
ChadYoder1

Ok, there must be something else in the app/code/setup that is causing an issue since it worked on the first try for me. But without seeing more code not sure what else to suggest.

Please post your solution once you figure it in case others can benefit from your struggles.

Email me offline if you want to share code to try to figure this out.

chad_yoder@yahoo.com

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

I would think this issue is not coming from the client side. Have you checked your logs on the server what it says? Make sure that your data is set up following this guidance.

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

Also make sure that your feature service is enabled for sync. For example https://services6.arcgis.com/ExtdhXSbhHKK7FFW/ArcGIS/rest/services/SSMH_midvale/FeatureServer/0 doesn't have capability enabled. See documentation how to enable it.

0 Kudos
VinayPrabhakar
New Contributor

Same Feature services I was downloading earlier before 100.0.0.

Here is the exception message I am getting:

The operation was canceled.

Thanks & Regards

Binay Prabhakar Yadav

0 Kudos
VinayPrabhakar
New Contributor

Thanks,I am able to download Offline Map now.

As suggested by you using GetResultAsync() insted of Start() solved the problem.

But now sometimes what is happening it's throwing Socket exception while connecting to ArcGis server.

Are you aware of the issue???

Thanks & Regards

Binay Prabhakar Yadav

0 Kudos
ChadYoder1

I have not seen a Socket exception.  Are you seeing it when adding the layer to the map or when setting up your sync task?

Share a snippet of code which exhibits the issue and it will make it easier offer suggestions.

0 Kudos
VinayPrabhakar
New Contributor

Hi,

I don't know what's going wrong.It looks that 100.0.0 is not stable update .

Sometimes I am able to download the maps and sometimes it's throwing exception which cannot be handled by Try,Catch

I don't know how to go ahead with ArcGis SDK fixing one issue it's started breaking others.Disappointed with the 100.0.0 release

please find the screenshot of the exception:

http://prntscr.com/dxbjyc 

0 Kudos