Why does a model that works in ArcMap10.3 not work correctly in 10.6?

Jump to solution
04-22-2018 03:27 PM
CherylTrine
Occasional Contributor II

I recently replaced ArcMap 10.3.1 on my computer with ArcMap 10.6.  I created a model years ago, probably in 10.3.1, that iterates through shapefiles in a folder, changes the name of the shapefile by appending a date onto it, and then iterates through the features in the shapefile to insert that name into a field.  This model has been saved on our network so multiple computers have access to it.  Today, I tried to use the model in Arcmap 10.6.  The tool runs and gives no error, but when the process is done the shapefiles are gone, although the new names appear in ArcCatalog!  I thought somehow the tool might have gotten broken, so I tried it on another computer that is still at 10.3.1.  The tool ran perfectly.  I tried restarting my computer that has 10.6, but the tool still didn't work. I've looked, but I haven't seen anything about having to update tools to make them usable for 10.6?  Have I missed something? How do I get this to work?

Thanks,

Cheryl

20 Replies
CherylTrine
Occasional Contributor II

That was a good thought, but checked it long ago; it’s not marked as intermediate data. Also, that would delete all feature classes, not just the first one.

0 Kudos