Relationship class not implemented and respected when created by a script

11-14-2017 08:05 AM
JohnSegars
New Contributor

I have a script which performs several geoprocessing tasks and ultimately creates a relationship class between one of the created feature classes and an existing non-spatial table.  The script runs fine and creates the relationship class; however, upon opening arcmap and bringing in the feature class and table the identify tool does not display the related items (see rel_no_good).  However, if I create the relationship manually then everything works fine as seen in the rel_good image attached.

I should mention that the database is postgres and I'm on 10.5.1.  I would like to run this after hours in order to incorporate updates hence the reason for scripting the processes.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,
John

UPDATE:  I tried this same procedure on a file geodatabase and experienced the same results.  The relationship class is visible and appears to be created correctly but the related attributes do not appear when one uses the identify tool on the feature class.  Only when I use the create relationship class tool from within an arcmap/catalog session are the attributes displayed correctly.

0 Kudos
0 Replies