Modelbuilder: Feature Class to Feature Class works in Desktop but fails in Pro?

06-15-2020 03:56 PM
DM_GISServices
New Contributor II

Hello all,

I am experiencing trouble using Feature Class to Feature Class in Modelbuilder using ArcGIS Pro 2.5.1. I am using FC to FC to copy a feature class out of our production database into a FGDB on a local drive using an expression to query active or preliminary addresses (2 values). Whenever I run the model I get 3 errors and end up with an empty output. I have attached pictures showing the model (FC2FC_Model.JPG) and the errors I get when I try to run it (FC2FC_Error.JPG). I tried searching for solutions and have tried things such as toggling the "SQL" switch in the FC to FC properties and disabling M and Z values but it seems no matter how I set it up I still receive the errors.

The odd part is that if I set it up the same way in ArcGIS Desktop 10.7.1 it works just fine. Unfortunately, I am creating this model as a piece to plug into Pro's Create Locator tool so I need FC to FC to work in Modebuilder using Pro.

Has anyone else had this problem or better yet had this problem and was able to find out why it was happening?

Here are some specifics that may help:

-The project is stored/accessed from a file share drive

-The input FC is stored in an SQL database and accessed via Database Connections in catalog

-The output FGDB is stored on a local drive

-Max

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

perhaps the fix in Pro 2.6.  Did an output previously exist?

BUG-000127751

ModelBuilder tool "Feature Class to Feature Class" fails to validate and overwrite

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos