Select to view content in your preferred language

Model Builder Variable auto-changing to nonsense during model run

08-20-2024 09:20 AM
Labels (3)
Kaksak
by
New Contributor

Hello-

I have a model variable of a feature class type (named "Lake_ID feature class") that uses 2 different inline variables in the parameter, which is the path to a feature class. However, when I run the model, this value in this variable re-sets from the path to complete nonsense and I can't figure out why. Prior to this, I have run the model successfully dozens of times. The two inline variables in the model are a workspace variable (named "Workspace") that points to the default gdb. The other is a string variable (named "Lake_ID") that provides the name of the lake that I am running the model on. For this variable, the value is "L9820" (I don't use quotes in the parameter). This is a string variable because it is used (successfully) in paths to other files (such as tables) elsewhere in the model.

Before running the model, I set this feature class variable to %Workspace%/Lakes/%Lake_ID%. I save, validate, save, and run the model. The model successfully uses this feature class variable to create points along the edge of the lake, but then when I use the same feature class variable to run the buffer tool, it provides an error that the feature class does not exist. Then when I re-open the feature class variable and look, the path has been replaced by a bunch of numbers. See below for before and after pictures.

I suspect this is some kind of bug, but I don't know how to get rid of it other than building the model back from scratch, which would be pretty labor-intensive.

I have tried: 

-subbing backslashes versus slashes in the path

-restarting ArcGIS Pro

-restarting the computer

-copying the model to a new model

-hard-wiring the path to the specific feature class I want to use

-deleting all output from the model and layers from the map, saving and closing then re-opening Pro

-using a different lake

Anyone know how to fix this without complete re-creating the model from scratch?

0 Kudos
0 Replies