Select to view content in your preferred language

Model Builder & Iterate Rasters - Enabling user selection

02-16-2015 06:26 AM
JustinGleeson
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I'm using Iterate Rasters in Model Builder to run through a number of raster calculation steps on each of the source rasters in a .gdb

At the moment the model executes the process for all rasters in the .gdb.  Is there a way of just allowing the user to select a number of the rasters in the the .gdb rather than all of them by default? I imagine some sort of check box or the likes. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Thanks

Justin

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Did you rule out the help file documentation on Modelbuilder Iterators particularly the section on Iterate multivalues?

0 Kudos
JustinGleeson
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I've looked through this. It shows me how to set it up and allows me to limit what is used in the iteration. What I'm trying to do is set up the model so the user manually select what rasters are to be part of the process

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Multivalues option lists rasters as a valid input.

0 Kudos
JustinGleeson
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan,

Thanks for getting back with suggestions. I can see how this will allow me to select individual rasters within the model. While this is useful I can't see how this would allow the actual user at the model interface to select just the rasters they are interested in?

Thanks

Justin

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

right-click on the part in the model that you want the user to interactive with and select ... make parameter... to make it a parameter...should have a P beside the oval or whatever shape it is...If there is no P beside a model step, there is no interaction with the user

PaulLohr
Regular Contributor

Justin, did you get this to work according to your requirements?

I was after a similar concept but allowing the user to select layers from an ArcMap session.

0 Kudos