Select to view content in your preferred language

Improve way of working

06-28-2016 11:42 PM
Patrickde_Haas
New Contributor

I have no clue if it is possible but Im working with Arcgis 10.2.1 and because of my work I cant use the online type of arcgis. When we create a map and we want to add some information first we find out how wide it is and then we add it.

But Arcgis does know that bridges are that wide, and the truck can or cannot pass it because its that wide. I want arcgis to show me were te truck can drive.

It feels like Im not using the program on the right way and no one here can tell me how it can, is this possible to add that into a model.

Greets, hope you guys can help me out.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

Do you want to specify the truck width as a model parameter?  That you can do: ArcGIS Desktop

Then it seems like you need to "highlight" the route or roads where the truck can drive.  For this you can add a Select by Attributes step in your model, specifying the expression as "truck_width" < "road_width", and create a new intermediate feature layer from the selection.  You can also specify a predefined symbology (lyr file) for the output if you want to add it to your map.

0 Kudos