HOW TO RUN TOPOLOGY WITH A MODEL

11-21-2017 11:31 PM
AkhilChhibber1
New Contributor II

Every time I run topology, these are the steps I have to follow:

1.) Create new File Geodatabase

2.) Create Feature Dataset

3.) Import my shapefiles in the "Feature Dataset"(no. of shapefiles may be random e.g. 2 or 4 or 6 etc.)

4.) Run topology using some rule.

5.) Identify topology errors based on rule being set

Is there some way by which we could automate this process using model builder instead of repeating these steps again again with different shapefiles.

What I am expecting as a result of my model is that the "Step 3" identified above to be a Model parameter which would be input of my shapefiles for which I have to run topology and the rest to be automated as a result of modelbuilder.

Please help me out regarding creating model for running topology and making the process automatic. I would be thankful to you for this. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

during your workflow, if you are using tools in arctoolbox, then you can use those same tools in modelbuilder.  If the tool doesn't exist, then you have stepped outside the realm of what modelbuilder is capable of doing

AkhilChhibber1
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot for your encouragement. I finally successfully prepared a model to run topology. To everyone else who is interested to run topology with the help of a model please find the reference as per the image provided.

Thank youTopology Model

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Could you see this question? it is like yours.

https://community.esri.com/thread/176994