Getting 999999 error on Join Field in model?

Jump to solution
11-14-2019 11:47 AM
lah
by
New Contributor III

Hello! 

I am ~trying to~ build a model to snap line events to cartographically realigned routes. It is basically built, but I keep getting hung up on the join field section -- it gives me the dreaded 999999 error. I'm joining a table with a feature class by the unique ID - when I open the feature class after the tool fails, the 3 fields that I am trying to join are there, but the values are all null. Doing the join on the same table and feature class manually, outside of the model, works perfectly fine. Can someone help point me in the right direction here? I can't figure out what I am missing or what the issue is. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lah
by
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply, Dan. I ended up deleting the tool from the model and adding it back in the exact same way - and somehow that worked. Some more ArcPro funkiness, I suppose. On to the next issue! haha

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

hard to tell from the image, but

Join Field—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

says it would prefer Table View(s) (ie MakeTableView) if the inputs to the tool aren't already layers/tables

0 Kudos
lah
by
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply, Dan. I ended up deleting the tool from the model and adding it back in the exact same way - and somehow that worked. Some more ArcPro funkiness, I suppose. On to the next issue! haha

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Can't plan for those issues

0 Kudos