Select to view content in your preferred language

Looking for Networking Groups

03-17-2022 12:48 PM
MichelleSteinberg
New Contributor

Hello everyone! I am looking to join any groups that support Counties/Parashises in their addressing. What are your best practices around doucmentation, help with ideas on tough or unique addressing situations, etc. Any groups out there? I am in Colorado, so any local groups would be great,  but national based are okay too.

2 Replies
PaulWHarkinsSr
New Contributor

Hello Michelle,  I new to the esri community, but have been working with addressing for Lee County (MS) 911 for past 20 yrs. I don't know of any support groups but I am very interested in any, as well. And would be happy to share any thoughts or experiences with questions, issues you may have.

0 Kudos
MichelleSteinberg
New Contributor

Hi Paul!

So nice to meet you! I will send you a direct message to ask specific questions. A general question I will ask here is what is your county policy on private, unnamed roads? How many addressable structures on that roadway prompt you to need a new street name? In Pitkin County (CO) it is 3 (three). Also, as a emergency responder, how do you feel about homes that have an attached living quarter (used as a rental property, caretaker dwelling unit or auxiliary living space? Should they have a separate address or a unit designation? How does this affect emergency teams responses?

0 Kudos