Hi, interested in learning GIS

Jump to solution
03-17-2021 04:38 PM
Kanchan
New Contributor II

Hi, I am a graduate student and I use GIS for my courses and want to use it for my research work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kanchan, Welcome to Esri Community!

I hope you find the community to be helpful as you work on your graduate program. I would recommend browsing our available communities to find places related to your studies:

If you are looking for any other topics, view All Communities.  For help with features in Esri Community, check out our Community Basics place. Best wishes on your research!

Cheers,

Leslie Fountain

View solution in original post

5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kanchan, Welcome to Esri Community!

I hope you find the community to be helpful as you work on your graduate program. I would recommend browsing our available communities to find places related to your studies:

If you are looking for any other topics, view All Communities.  For help with features in Esri Community, check out our Community Basics place. Best wishes on your research!

Cheers,

Leslie Fountain

Kanchan
New Contributor II

This is helpful to know. Thank you Leslie.

Elijah
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Kachan,

You're definitely in the right place. Try your hands on the existing numerous tutorials, watch the videos and follow along with the courses, ask specific question and you will quickly be just there. GIS in interesting as you may have found out already.

Kanchan
New Contributor II

Indeed. Thank you for sharing.

JerryBartz
Occasional Contributor

What is you research area? If you are good at self study I would recommend 2 Esri reference books. GIS Tutorial for ArcPRO 2.6 and Getting to Know Web GIS, 4th edition. ou can further suppliment these books with Learn GIS lessons. In all probability, neither of these will be a substitute for an instructor led class, whether it be face to face or hybrid online. You may also find a free MOOC class.