Select to view content in your preferred language

Hello My name is Michael

02-18-2020 06:21 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi my name is Michael Previty, and I am the Crises Information Software Coordinator (CIMS) for the Rhode Island Emergency Management Agency which I have been at this position for the last 2 years.  My main function is administrating the states emergency software system WebEOC, which is an web based system.  Prior to this job I had no experience in GIS, but I have found that GIS is an integral part of my job and in emergency management.  We use Operation Dashboards, and survey 123 for most of our operations.  We also have a license with WebEOC called ArcGIS Extension that allows to create feature layers from our WebEOC board data to our online account.  I have self taught myself with these opertations as well as ArcGIS Pro.  I have taken to GIS so much that I have enrolled in and started a masters program in GIS through Penn State University. I am more interested in programming than the spatial aspect of GIS.  I am joining the GeoNet community to ask more questions and get tips on how to improve my organization and self.  

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Welcome to the community Michael! Hope you're finding your way around the community so far and are able to post and get answers to your questions. 

If you've not found these places in the community these might be helpful in connecting with other members who have shared areas of expertise

ArcGIS Pro

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

Survey123 for ArcGIS

If you need any help in using the community visit GeoNet Resource Hub‌ for how to's and guidance in using community features. 

Good luck in your studies at Penn State.