Select to view content in your preferred language

Hello Everyone!

10-10-2022 07:50 AM
joshgarrett
New Contributor II

Hello everyone! Although I have been working in GIS for the past five years, I am just now starting to look into the online community here. I didn't realize how useful of a resource the community could be. Anyway, I work for a municipal government in Kansas and primarily focus on asset management, although I would like to broaden my horizons both within an beyond GIS. 

Outside of work, I am a huge geography and map nerd. I graduated with a degree in Geography and my personal interest has always been human and historical geography, but my time in school definitely left with with a greater appreciation for physical geography as well. All my friends think the fact that I collect old maps and globes is nerdy, hopefully I am in good company here. 

Before I close my introduction I would like to ask a work related question that hopefully someone here may be able offer some insight. Our organization currently uses CentralSquare Enterprise Asset Management (Lucity) to track our assets and work orders. Personally, I am not pleases with how the software integrates with our GIS data or ESRI applications. The problem only seems to get worse. I have been been curious about other asset management software that may have a better GIS component. The two I have been most interested in are CityWorks and Caregraph, both partners with ESRI, whereas CentralSquare is not. I would be interested to hear about other organizations using either of these programs and their experiences. 

Thanks everyone!

Josh Garrett
City of Lenexa, Kansas
1 Reply
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @joshgarrett! We're glad you found your way to Esri Community one way or another, and yes: you're certainly in good company here. There are lots of folks on our platform who no doubt share your love for old maps and globes. Please feel encouraged to share some pictures of any particular favorites—it'd be very cool to see. 

If you haven't already come across these resources, please feel encouraged to check out these useful guides on using Esri Community: 

And, I noticed from another conversation that you mention working in local government. Our State & Local Government Place is likely to be a good spot to bookmark in your browser. 

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content