Greetings, my name is Emily Dale, and...

07-14-2020 10:54 AM
EmilyDale
New Contributor

I am a Section 106 compliance archaeologist/site files manager for the state of Louisiana and am also currently enrolled in the Graduate GIS Certificate program at UWF. I am responsible for maintaining and updating our GIS database of all archaeological sites recorded in the state and share in maintaining the associated web map. At work I use ArcMap and at school I use Pro, so I am becoming ambidextrous, though (for completely selfish reasons) I look forward to our organization switching over so I don't keep having to!

At the moment, as the heat index here surpasses 113, my favorite place would to go would be 29N 421285E 5783352N, preferably right in the middle of one of those freezing cold glacial lakes. 

Cheers

2 Replies
LNU_RochelleFrymire
New Contributor II

That is a cool job! I work with a couple of archaeologists and will get training soon to be able to work with the records. I'm looking forward to it. How did you get into archaeology? 

MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hi Emily, Welcome to GeoNet! We have a wealth of information and great people to connect with here. I hope you find something useful and interesting! Here are a few sites to get you started: 

StateArcGIS ProArcMap

Cheers, 

Michelle (GeoNet Community Manager)

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
0 Kudos