Your Suggestions are highly apprciated

08-05-2021 05:02 AM
HusniSabah
New Contributor II

This project is part of a program that I am taking. the map depicts areas of different levels of landslide susceptibility in Cariboo Regional District in British Columbia. I downloaded images Band 4, Band 5 and DEM from NASA so it will cover the boundaries. I ran a number of spatial analysis tools such as mosaic to rasters, rasters to dataset, extraction with mask, NDVI, Slope, from "fill to streams to feature", reclassify and weighted overlay. There are two different projections.. I will like to improve. First, why some areas are white? Why there some are white fuzziness? 

I appreciate your feedback

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Likely NoData. which has burned through.  Ensure you set your NoData to 0 or 999 or whatever is suitable

HusniSabah
New Contributor II

Thanks for the information.

0 Kudos
maphanyanej_ubbw
New Contributor II
When you train your satellite image, you need to make sure that most of the satellite image pixels have been trained - that is allocated land class categories. The areas that come out white are un-allocated pixels, those which have not been given a category when training was done. The more un-allocated pixel area, the more white spaces.

If you enlarge your image beyond its limits - that is beyond its spatial resolution allowance, the pixels disintegrate and your image will be fuzzy.

Good Luck
HusniSabah
New Contributor II

Thanks for this hint

0 Kudos