Schematic representation in layout

08-14-2014 12:30 AM
ChristopherKmen
New Contributor II

Hallothere,

I´m looking for possibilities to extract or better drag information from my map into my layout. I want get an elevation model or schematic representation of my polyline in the layout. I found a software called SheetCutter (new century software), which looks like it could do this in ArcGIS, but it´s an non affordable
software for me and so I´m looking for other options.

Thanks
Chris

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

Can you expand on what you're asking? Do you have a graphic line that you want to view as an elevation profile, or something different entirely?

0 Kudos
ChristopherKmen
New Contributor II

In my map I have a polyline which represents a pipeline. On this Pipeline are some points of interest e.g. weld joints or some special sort of pipe pieces.

I want to create a layout, which has a schematic representation above of the map and evelavation model under the map.

For the schematic representation I use guidelines at the moment, create new markers and type in the information. But is there any option to get the information “automatically” in the layout, by dragging. The information of these points is already in a shp-file.

For the evelavation model I haven´t come up with any ideas so far.

I hope it´s more clear now, if not I´ll try to explain it different.

0 Kudos
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III

Are you creating an actual schematic diagram using the ArcGIS Schematics Extension?  If so, for the layout part you can of course manually move things as desired, but to automate it you might want to look at a sample elevation layout we have on the resource center:  http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=8700c4bf49194e678055cb6c274abc26

ChristopherKmen
New Contributor II

I wasn´t using any extension. Thanks for the tip and thanks for the link. I´ll try it after the weekend and tell how it works.

0 Kudos