Multiple data driven frames?

10-03-2011 03:08 PM
TrishRice
Occasional Contributor III
I had an idea and want to see if it's possible/if anyone's done it.  Can you combine data driven pages with having multiple data frames on your layout?

Example:
-Two frames on a layout, one on left and one on right
-10 data driven pages
-It would display DDP's 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 in the left frame and DDP's 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 in the right frame, for a total of 5 sheets of paper.

I just experimented in ArcMap 10 with two data frames with DDP's turned on and it only updates one of them, the other remains static.
0 Kudos
30 Replies
JacekKleczkowski
New Contributor
One easy way to have a map product with two data frames showing different extents is to do this partially in ArcMap and partially in pdf editing software.  On one file I am going to have a data frame positioned on top half of the page and I will use data driven pages to export the map using only odd numbered sheets.  One the other file, data frame will be positioned on the bottom half of the page and only even number sheets will be exported.  Once this is done, overlay those two pdf files together to have a single combined pdf page with two data frames with different extents.
0 Kudos