Select to view content in your preferred language

Light blue color with dash around the text

03-16-2016 01:15 PM
PROBERT68
Honored Contributor

Hello,

When you assigned a text on either Data or Layout View and there is a light blue color around the text with dash line. What do you call that ?

Here is the picture screenshot.

Light blue line dash.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DavidBarnes
Deactivated User

Selection outline/highlight?

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Robert,

It looks like it is just showing you what graphical feature is selected.

EDIT: ...or what Dave said! 

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

at least you didn't say rectangle

PROBERT68
Honored Contributor

The reason I am asking is because I am trying to make the outline/highlight , rectangle , or graphical feature. I am trying to make it more "tighter" within the text. If you see the picture I post you can see it is not tight as it should be. What I mean the word should be in full cover within the outline .

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Now if the bounding box was created manually, then you could go back and reset the bounding box tighter while not obstructing or clipping the text or forcing wrap.  If it is create automatically by tools there much be some default padding around the text.  Try looking for properties for labels which probably include padding around the text, whether the text is centered vertically/horizontally etc etc.  A good place to begin is the old righ-click on the object trick... if a dialog pops up, you should be able to access object properties from there just like in all software packages.  If right-click doesn't work, try double-click, if that fails, on to some menu or too selection.

0 Kudos
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

If that's a plain old text element, you can control it through the margin setting, which is buried in:

Properties -> Change Symbol... -> Edit Symbol... -> Advanced Text tab -> Text Background -> Properties -> Margins