Jump to solution
03-22-2018 01:53 PM
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

I am trying to create an inset map.

1. I create a new data frame and it appears in the map - Great
  2. I add layers and they show up in the new dataframe - Great

I now want to make this round. 

1. I go into the Frame Properties and set the border and background "Rounding" to 100%
  2. It look good in the layout

When I look at it in Print Preview or when I print it there is a square box from the original square frame?  I have this sitting over background data and I get this ugly output...

How do I get rid of the white square?

attached is the image from print Preview...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

there is this weird little statement in the following link about setting the null color and map service and transparency, which probably has no relation to what you are doing, but if you didn't try to set your frame background color to whatever or transparent, it might be worth a look

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/map/page-layouts/customizing-data-frames.htm

0 Kudos
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

went to ArcGIS Pro and things are working....but layout methods are very cumbersome and take twice the time....ArcGIS Pro is horrible with graphics and grouping...can do this in desktop 200% faster...have a complicated layout with many insets and took all day....1/2 of time waiting for an I7, SSD, 16gb ram to figure out what I was doing...thumbs down to ArcPro