Select to view content in your preferred language

GeoPDF

04-11-2016 07:00 PM
GirirajKhanal
Deactivated User

I exported a map with one inset (Key Map) into geo-pdf map in ArcGIS. When I opened this map with  Adobe Acrobat Reader DC I noticed that the reference informations are being stored in both the areas; I mean in main and key maps area. Does someone has idea how to avoid key maps area from geo-referenced. I only interested main map to be geo-referenced into pdf. Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

are you using this ? ExportToPDF—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

would exporting the data frame be a good compromise?

0 Kudos
GirirajKhanal
Deactivated User

Hi Dan,

Many thanks for your prompt response. Please see the attached pdf file I have exported using simply ExportToPDF option. It has exported coordinate system for every data frames included into Map Layout like  Key Map, TileMap and in Legends area. I am wondering if there is any option to choose the required data frame so that we can use the main map’s data frame as a required. Thanks.

qtopo.dnrm.qld.gov.au/QTopoMaps/Mapsheets/25k/QTopo_8457-12.pdf<http://qtopo.dnrm.qld.gov.au/QTopoMaps/Mapsheets/25k/QTopo_8457-12.pdf>

Giri

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

very nice map!  Do you mean the little red inset map? I don't see anything obvious in the options... but I do like the map

0 Kudos
GirirajKhanal
Deactivated User

Hi Dan,

Yes one is the little red key map. The other two insets are in Legend and the tile grid at the bottom of the map. I only want Geo-reference information in main map of the pdf file. ArcGIS should be smart enough to choose the biggest dataframe as it does by the QGIS. Do you have any idea how it can be done. Thanks.

Regards,

Giri

0 Kudos