Select to view content in your preferred language

Edges/lines not showing in Arcmap

09-15-2010 08:17 AM
DanBorell
New Contributor
I just created a schematic dataset and diagram containing water mains, valves, fittings, etc...
Problem is the mains won't display in Arcmap. I can see records in the attribute table but linework isn't displaying. All the other features display fine.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
Is your data in a Geometric Network?  If not, then you have more complex configuration to do.  If so, then when you did the initial configuration of the dataset, did you import from a map document?  Did you uncheck any of the geometric network features? 

The rule is that a schematic link must have end nodes. We need all the connectivity. So if you don't import everything from the geometric network, you will surely have cases where one of the end nodes is not configured and therefore the link can't be displayed.  So again, you need everything, including the net junctions.  Then if there are things you don't want on the diagrams, you configure Rules to reduce the nodes.

Not sure what version you are on as it isn't indicated, but here is a 'quick start' posting for 10 (it is similar pre-10 but with different terminology):

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/1079-Beta-10-Schematics-Quick-Start-for-Utilities?highlight=schemat...
0 Kudos
DanBorell
New Contributor
Is your data in a Geometric Network?  If not, then you have more complex configuration to do.  If so, then when you did the initial configuration of the dataset, did you import from a map document?  Did you uncheck any of the geometric network features? 

The rule is that a schematic link must have end nodes. We need all the connectivity. So if you don't import everything from the geometric network, you will surely have cases where one of the end nodes is not configured and therefore the link can't be displayed.  So again, you need everything, including the net junctions.  Then if there are things you don't want on the diagrams, you configure Rules to reduce the nodes.

Not sure what version you are on as it isn't indicated, but here is a 'quick start' posting for 10 (it is similar pre-10 but with different terminology):

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/1079-Beta-10-Schematics-Quick-Start-for-Utilities?highlight=schemat...

Yes, I'm using a geometric network to create the diagram and I have all of the feature classes checked. I'm using version 10. I actually followed the 'quick start' exactly. Still no links showing. I'm not getting any error messages.
0 Kudos
RickAnderson
Strange, not sure then.  Send me your contact info randerson@esri.com and I will get in touch.  Maybe we can setup an adobe meeting so I can see what is happening.
0 Kudos
markcrow
New Contributor
Was this resolved, and if so, what was done?  I am having the exact same issue.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
RickAnderson
Never got an e-mail from dborell.  If you are having the same issue, contact me so we can try to figure it out.
0 Kudos
RickAnderson
One thought on this...we did fix a bug dealing with Z values.  So if your data is using Z values, you need 10 SP 1 to resolve this issue.
0 Kudos