Select to view content in your preferred language

Dynamic Legend

Jump to solution
04-02-2014 07:54 AM
Enguerranddes_Vaux
New Contributor III
hey everyone !
I'm trying to do my own layout to print my map, and i would like to manage legends at the printing moment.
For the client side, I have seen that we can use the legendLayer in the layout options of the print template to customise the legend.
I would like to know how i can add a dynamic legend on the server side using arcMap and printing tool ?
I have try many things but it's not working.

thx guys for any help !
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Enguerranddes_Vaux
New Contributor III
Solution :
Just delete all legend items and checked the options 1,2 and 3 in Map Connection on the Legend properties of your Legend on your custom layout.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Enguerranddes_Vaux
New Contributor III
Solution :
Just delete all legend items and checked the options 1,2 and 3 in Map Connection on the Legend properties of your Legend on your custom layout.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
You call it a Dynamic Legend which I think of as only showing items of a feature class that are contained within the extent of the map.  So does the Legend you setup only show say 5 categories of a 10 category symbolized feature class that appear in the extent of the map that you are printing?
0 Kudos
Enguerranddes_Vaux
New Contributor III
No, the legend show the visible feature class at scale or an array of feature class that you have to specify, so to find the feature class show in the map extent i identify all the feature class in the map extent and i give the legend only the array of feature class i found . I've done it in javascript with the printing tool.
( sorry for my bad english )
0 Kudos