Select to view content in your preferred language

Raster Projection Problem

09-03-2014 07:10 PM
MilesLee
New Contributor

Hi guys,

I have a raster of Geocentric Datum of Australia 1994, and I would like to convert it to WGS84 and put it into ArcGlobe, but when I did this and zoom to that raster, the globe shows the south point.

I found the extent of the raster is still in 6-7 digit format but not like others with DMS format. I guess there are somethings wrong with extent, is it ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ArnoldKuilman
Occasional Contributor

Can you provide a screenshot of the problem?

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

DId you change the coordinate system via the raster's property page or the Define Projection tool? That updates the CS metadata, not the actual raster extents/cell size. Use the Project Raster tool instead.

0 Kudos
MilesLee
New Contributor

Yes I did. I define the Coordinate System in Spatial Reference List first (it's unknown at the beginning), and then I use "Project Raster" to project it into WGS84, but when I dragged the new raster into the left-hand side of the ArcGlobe and ZoomToLayer, wrongs happened. It zooms to an unknown area.

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Miles,

My suspicion is that the coordinate system you defined the data originally with isn't correct. Can you post the extents of the original raster and the coordinate system that you gave it? For instance, are the extents MGA (projected coordinate system), but you defined it as GDA94 (geographic coordinate system) or vice versa?

Melita

0 Kudos