Select to view content in your preferred language

Exporting Animation

09-29-2020 08:21 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there!

I am trying to export my map which has an animation. I am on my layout tab and I click "Animation" and then "Movie" under the export section. I select the export presets and click "Export" but nothing happens. Any advice? My goal is to export my entire layout as an mp4 file so that it has all of my formatting along with the data mapped over changing time.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KarenZwicker
Esri Contributor

Thank you for mentioning this.  There are two parts to your message.  For the first part, with Export not working for your animation, this workflow is incorrect however we would not able to address this bug for 2.7.  I will convey this back to the Map Exploration team to review. The Animation tab is contextual for a map, but not to a Layout, so I would not expect it to be present with an active Layout view. When the focus returns to the Map view, the export works correctly.
The other request is to export a layout to an mp4. This workflow is not supported but could be submitted as an enhancement request. 
If you would like to keep track of the Export bug or the ENH request, consider submitting through Tech Support Esri Support Contact Support .
Thanks, Karen

0 Kudos