Planarize button gone

Jump to solution
06-06-2016 10:49 AM
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

What happened to the Planarize button that used to be on the Parcel Details dialog? I just upgraded to 10.4.1 and went to use it today and I noticed it was gone. How do I get it back? I can find the button in the commands list in the customize dialog but where do I put it to get it on the Parcel Details dialog?

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Jeff,

I've installed 10.4.1, created a new construction, and found that the Planarize button is on the toolbar. (Note that the Planarize button will not be present for new parcels, it is only available for constructions. This has not changed from previous releases.)

If the planarize button is missing while in a construction then that is unusual, and should not occur - we did not make any changes in that regard for 10.4.1.

I have not encountered this problem, but you may be able to resolve it by renaming the extension of your Normal.mxt file, and then restarting ArcMap to see if the button returns.

The Normal.mxt file can be found here: %appdata%\ESRI\Desktop10.4\ArcMap\Templates

-Tim

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Jeff,

I've installed 10.4.1, created a new construction, and found that the Planarize button is on the toolbar. (Note that the Planarize button will not be present for new parcels, it is only available for constructions. This has not changed from previous releases.)

If the planarize button is missing while in a construction then that is unusual, and should not occur - we did not make any changes in that regard for 10.4.1.

I have not encountered this problem, but you may be able to resolve it by renaming the extension of your Normal.mxt file, and then restarting ArcMap to see if the button returns.

The Normal.mxt file can be found here: %appdata%\ESRI\Desktop10.4\ArcMap\Templates

-Tim

JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

Yup looking for it building a new parcel.  Dang! Pulled the trigger too soon on the post.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah