Select to view content in your preferred language

The 10.2.3 release is now available

05-20-2014 01:29 AM
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor
I�??m pleased to announce that the 10.2.3 release of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java is now available for download at our developers site.

We have lots of new features including the final version of our offline API released in Beta at 10.2.   We also have a new licensing model for all Runtime SDKs which makes our SDK more accessible allowing developers to get their application to market much quicker. 

Other items of interest to our developers include:

- Additional geoprocessing tools supported by the Local Server (including the much requested data management tools)
- A new toolkit which supports the new offline API
- Performance improvements for tiled services
- Support for symbol rotation based on attributes

Please check out the release notes for more details.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Occasional Contributor III
Congrats, Mark!

I have follow-up questions from this post. I'm told that, in order to use these new features, I am told that ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.2 is required to create GPKs including these tools.

1. I do know that the reason the latest was versioned 10.2.3 was to synchronize versions across ArcGIS products. Are the comments in ArcGIS Ideas still true or do I have to wait for ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.3 to come out? I am aware of patches that accompany the current ArcGIS for Desktop.

2. If I am already using map packages containing the geodatabase with a mosaic dataset, do I still need to create the GPK's separate in order to execute them on that external source? What are best practices?

3. Are there any examples/tutorials that demonstrate these new features? Perhaps, any could help model my scenario.

Thanks in advanced.
0 Kudos
RavindraSingh
Occasional Contributor
Wow!

In this new release do we have support of adding shape file without dynamic workspace?
0 Kudos
EliseAcheson1
Occasional Contributor
Direct read of shapefiles is being worked on for the summer release. With 10.2.3 it is still using dynamic workspaces.

~Elise
0 Kudos
RavindraSingh
Occasional Contributor
Thanks, for this prompt update.

-
Ravindra Shekhawat
0 Kudos