Select to view content in your preferred language

Need a way to publish local data as image or feature service to the local server

Jump to solution
04-01-2013 12:03 PM
dw2
by
New Contributor
There are a whole group of arcpy.mapping geoprocessing tools missing from the "supported geoprocesing tools" of Runtime for publishing service against the local server.  With those tools that are NOT currently supported by Runtime, local data on disk can be turned in map services.  Subsequently, they can be consumed by the Runtime application.  What we are looking for can be summarized on this web page as an ArcPy program:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Example_Publish_service_definitions_listed...

It has been a big hurdle to try to get the local data into the Runtime program.  The sample code to bring in local shapefile appears not to work.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeremieJoalland1
Occasional Contributor II
Both samples "Add Raster" and "Add Shapefile" are working fine for me. I am able to load local Shapefile data, Geotiff and JPEG 2000 rasters.

Are you using ArcGIS Runtime 10.1.1 ?
What kind of local data do you need to load on ArcgIS Runtime ?
What MPK do you use ?
What result do you have when you try to load shapefile, any error message ?

just in case, I provide you my blank MPK file which is WGS84 world extent...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeremieJoalland1
Occasional Contributor II
Both samples "Add Raster" and "Add Shapefile" are working fine for me. I am able to load local Shapefile data, Geotiff and JPEG 2000 rasters.

Are you using ArcGIS Runtime 10.1.1 ?
What kind of local data do you need to load on ArcgIS Runtime ?
What MPK do you use ?
What result do you have when you try to load shapefile, any error message ?

just in case, I provide you my blank MPK file which is WGS84 world extent...
0 Kudos
dw2
by
New Contributor
Thanks Jeremie for the pointers.  It is working fine now.  I am able set up map services from local files.
0 Kudos