Hiring someone to create/code custom app?

Jump to solution
07-27-2016 02:02 PM
NeilDhawan1
New Contributor

Greetings. Is there a resource to find a person or company that could create a custom app for Collector for ArcGIS?  Is there a webpage or forum that I might be able to get in touch with such parties?

We're testing Collector for ArcGIS to see if it can replace our current surveying protocol.   I would like to create a button in Collector's iOS (or Android) user interface that would simply add 1 to a running total in some other text box.  So, for example, rather than counting all conifer trees within a sampling area and then entering the total number in Collector, the surveyor would simply press a button every time they see an individual conifer tree, and the total would be updated automatically.

Thank you kindly for any info you might be able to provide.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

We have the GIS Jobs​ groups that allows you to post job opportunities. You can also @Mention the Collector for ArcGIS​ space to bring visibility to your request.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

We have the GIS Jobs​ groups that allows you to post job opportunities. You can also @Mention the Collector for ArcGIS​ space to bring visibility to your request.

NeilDhawan1
New Contributor

Very much appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Neil,

I agree with Timothy. It would be best to move this to the GIS Jobs group.

I have no tie to these organizations but these two came to mind regarding custom field collection apps (primarily related to Collector):

http://www.webmapsolutions.com/

and

Welcome to iFormBuilder, GIS Professionals! 

NeilDhawan1
New Contributor

Thank you for the links!

0 Kudos