Getting the error "XML export failed. The Domain was not found. The workspace is not connected." when trying to export to an XML workspace document. The domain it lists on the error code was deleted a few months back and is not assigned to any field or subtype, that we know of.
I am using ArcCatalog 10.5.1 and have also tried 10.2.1 the feature class being exported is in a SDE.
Here is some SQL (for Oracle & SQL Server) to find out what that domain is tied to what feature class in the GDB; ArcGIS Help 10.1 - Discovering domain usage using SQL
This may help determine if there is an orphaned record somewhere.
Sorry for the late reply George. Did give that a try and verified that it worked on other domains but still did not find any orphaned records for the specific domain I was having issues with. We opened up a ticket with ESRI. I will send and update if we find out anything new.