I'm on Oracle SDE, ArcGIS 10.3.1.
We have a versioned environment where versioned views are available. I am able to make edits to feature classes (on the default version) without any issue. However, these edits are not getting replicated to the destination database.
The feature class is part of a one way replica, using the Full Model.
When I edit the data in ArcMap, the changes get synched without issue, but as soon as I make and commit changes using SQL Developer or SQLPLUS, none of those changes are transferred. Has anyone else run into this issue? I am able to see the edits to the source data in ArcMap.
Are you editing the versioned views and setting the correct version for editing?
You can edit your versioned data via SQL in SQLPlus, etc.. Please read all the following documentation that we have on it and you should be able to edit the data in the version that you are expecting to edit in.
An overview of editing versioned data using SQL—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop
What type of data can be edited using SQL?—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop
SQL and enterprise geodatabases—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop
Thanks for your reply. The problem isn't with the editing. I am able to make the edits, commit it and view it in both SQL Developer and ArcMap (on the source table). However, when I go to synch the changes to the replication database, the edits aren't being detected.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. Is the replica created off the same version that you are making the SQL edits to?
If you are using the versioned view, it should put them in the correct versions lineage and then sync with the replica.
Have you tried to compress the parent GDB first then sync to the child?
I might suggest that you open a case with https://community.esri.com/groups/technical-support?sr=search&searchId=3f7c74a7-4c25-4df3-a513-37c2a... to have an analyst look at this in more detail.
I just tried compressing and doing a synch. Same deal. I did an "is_simple" query on the datasets being updated by SQL (as indicated here http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.3/manage-data/using-sql-with-gdbs/is-simple.htm ) and it returned that the feature class is not simple. I've opened a ticket with ESRI support so we'll see how it goes.
Thanks for your help and suggestions!
Edit: Hi George,
So ESRI support got back to me and linked me to one of the links you provided me with in your earlier post. The reason why it's not detecting the changes via SQL is because versioned views that participate in geodatabase functionality.
Basically, the is_simple function has to return true.
Thanks again for your help.