Reject nonconflicting edits in a version

Jump to solution
10-01-2023 11:32 PM
Y_Chau
by
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to do a QA/QC scenario in branch versioning. My default version is protected. I let User A with Data Editor role make edits to the feature service via their private version. Now I check the edits made by A via User B, with Administrator role. I want to keep some of A's edits and reject others. Can I do this? Remember, there are no conflicts.

Sincerely

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, that's what I suspected was going to be the case. The version changes tool will show you all the edits that have been made in your version (including deletes), but it does not provide the ability to undo edits like the conflict management dialog does. In order to undo an edit, you would have to use the information found in the dialog to manually undo any edits (deleting creates, creating deletes, and reverting any changed values).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

You can use the version differences tool on the versioning toolbar/tab to see all the edits in the version (depending on whether you're talking about ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro). This dialog is very similar to the dialog shown during conflict resolution, and while it will definitely show you all the edited features and their original values, I'm not sure if it actually allows you to revert changes.

0 Kudos
Y_Chau
by
Occasional Contributor

"Version Changes" tool only allows me to navigate to the edits and not reject or accept them.

Version Changes.png

I am interested in deleted features. If I want them back and the version has many other edits, then I have to reject the entire version. Not sure if there is a way to accept only selected edits and reject others.

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, that's what I suspected was going to be the case. The version changes tool will show you all the edits that have been made in your version (including deletes), but it does not provide the ability to undo edits like the conflict management dialog does. In order to undo an edit, you would have to use the information found in the dialog to manually undo any edits (deleting creates, creating deletes, and reverting any changed values).

0 Kudos