Problem connecting to geodatabase

11-24-2014 07:30 AM
TiffanyJanson1
New Contributor

I am using ArcGIS 10.1. I keep having the same problem where I make a geodatabase in one of my folders but then can't see the data that I save under it. I go to the catalog, connect to the folder that has the gdb and then when I click on the gdb, no data is shown. If I go to my Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder, I can see the data there. Any idea what my problem could be? TIA

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Tiffany Janson wrote:

If I go to my Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder, I can see the data there.

Which data\files are you referring to here?

TiffanyJanson1
New Contributor

Hi Asrujit,

I'm referring to the files that make up my geodatabase. The attached image shows the catalog and the geodatabase (ReadyData.gdb) with all the layers in it (circled), as it should be. However, on my work computer, nothing is listed under my geodatabase. They aren't being seen or connected and I have no idea why.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
TobiasFimpel1
Occasional Contributor III

Can you test whether this is the case on a local drive, too, (e.g. C-drive) or whether it is only an issue on a network drive? If the issue is limited to network drives your system admins might have introduced a bug by installing recent windows updates (I can send you more details if that seems to be the problem.)

0 Kudos