libst_shapelib.so for Oracle 12c Linux

Jump to solution
02-13-2019 02:21 PM
TomFaust
New Contributor

We are upgrading from 10.2.1 to 10.6.1. On the ArcMap client side everything is fine, but I can't seem to find where to download the files I need for our Oracle database server. My DBA says I need updated version of libst_shapelib.so and libst_raster_ora.so. I've searched Google and ESRI for downloads and can't find anything except an old 10.0 version. I'm not sure if I can download just those libraries somewhere or if I need an entire update or patch of some kind. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Tom

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

On the server, where you have installed ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1,check the below location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.6\DatabaseSupport\Oracle\Linux64

Configure the extproc to access ST_Geometry in Oracle—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Tip: The ST_Geometry library is installed with ArcGIS Server and ArcMap clients, or it can be downloaded from My Esri. If you have ArcGIS Server or ArcMap installed on the Oracle machine, you can configure your extproc.ora file to point to one of the following locations, and you can skip the two preparatory steps listed below.
  • ArcGIS Server on Windows: <ArcGIS Server installation directory>\ArcGIS\Server\DatabaseSupport\Oracle\Windows64
  • ArcGIS Server on Linux: <ArcGIS Server installation directory>/arcgis/server/DatabaseSupport/oracle/linux64
  • ArcMap<ArcMap installation directory>\ArcGIS\Desktop<version>\DatabaseSupport\Oracle\Windows64

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

On the server, where you have installed ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1,check the below location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.6\DatabaseSupport\Oracle\Linux64

Configure the extproc to access ST_Geometry in Oracle—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Tip: The ST_Geometry library is installed with ArcGIS Server and ArcMap clients, or it can be downloaded from My Esri. If you have ArcGIS Server or ArcMap installed on the Oracle machine, you can configure your extproc.ora file to point to one of the following locations, and you can skip the two preparatory steps listed below.
  • ArcGIS Server on Windows: <ArcGIS Server installation directory>\ArcGIS\Server\DatabaseSupport\Oracle\Windows64
  • ArcGIS Server on Linux: <ArcGIS Server installation directory>/arcgis/server/DatabaseSupport/oracle/linux64
  • ArcMap<ArcMap installation directory>\ArcGIS\Desktop<version>\DatabaseSupport\Oracle\Windows64