Geodatabase Upgrade Effect on Replicas

Jump to solution
02-03-2015 01:06 PM
PeterSchneider
New Contributor III

I am mapping out my upgrade plan from ArcGIS for Desktop 10.1 to 10.3.  I have several replicas that replicate data between our production database and our publishing database.  Will the replicas still be functional after the upgrade?  Will the replicas need some TLC after the upgrade?  Will the replicas need to be recreated from scratch after the upgrade?

I would assume that the replicas should be fine through the transition, since the 10.3 install will upgrade the 10.1 install in place without doing an uninstall.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  If the replicas will need to be recreated it will add dozens of hours on to the upgrade project.

Thanks!

Pete Schneider, GISP

GIS System Analyst

County of Ottawa, MI GIS

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeterSchneider
New Contributor III

I heard back from ESRI support - here is what they said:

Upgrading ArcGIS Desktop would not affect your replicas are the information about replicas is stored in geodatabase. Also, note that the child replica geodatabase must be at the same geodatabase release as or at a later release than the parent replica geodatabase. Below is a link to get detailed information about this:

* Replication and geodatabase releases -
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//003n000000z3000000

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PeterSchneider
New Contributor III

I heard back from ESRI support - here is what they said:

Upgrading ArcGIS Desktop would not affect your replicas are the information about replicas is stored in geodatabase. Also, note that the child replica geodatabase must be at the same geodatabase release as or at a later release than the parent replica geodatabase. Below is a link to get detailed information about this:

* Replication and geodatabase releases -
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//003n000000z3000000

0 Kudos