Failed to Connect to Database after winodws password change

Jump to solution
02-18-2016 10:58 AM
RandallClark2
Occasional Contributor II

So yeah its that time of the year when IT ask for a password change...so i go ahead and change my password.

A little bit latter i go to open a map and my connections are broken. I try to access the database via Catalog and get the following

Failed to Connect to Database

Underlying DBMS error[[Microsoft][OBDC Driver 11 for SQL Server]] Login failed. The login i from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows Authentication

Anyways i know its related to the password change and im pretty sure i went through  this three months ago but i didnt write down what i did so here i am.

It's OS Authentication that we are using and when i log on to both the data base server and the database using my login its fine so, i dont know.

Also this is only happening to me and on other co-worker the third person is fine.

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RandallClark2

I feel stupid.

I went ahead and did IT 101 and reset my computer. Problem solved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

What exact version(s) of ArcGIS Desktop and Server are you using?

What user is the ArcGIS Server service running as?

Is your ArcGIS Server host a member of the domain?  Is the database host a member of the domain?

- V

0 Kudos
RandallClark2

Hi Vince,

Both are the latest version,  10.3.1.

The ArcGIS server account its part of the domain, AD\arcgis and my named account is an admin on AGS.

Yes both machines are are on the network. my name account is an admin on both and i cant connect to the machines fine.

and when i am in the SQL database i can connect to the AD machine, i even went ahead and deleted and re-added my name account to the database

0 Kudos
RandallClark2

I feel stupid.

I went ahead and did IT 101 and reset my computer. Problem solved.

0 Kudos