ArcSDE service giomgr - high memory usage

Jump to solution
09-05-2016 03:18 AM
JohnFannon
Occasional Contributor III

A client of ours has a number of ArcSDE Services running to support some legacy stuff. For a couple of these SDE services, the giomgr process is consuming a lot of memory (1.5 > 2 gb), whilst others are consuming 5mb.

For example, the 'live' sde service which connects to a live database is consuming 2gb, whilst the 'dev' sde service which connects to a dev database that is almost identical is consuming only 5mb.

Can anyone tell me why the giomgr processes would be consuming such a large amount of memory? Is there a configuration setting somewhere that dictates how much memory is used?

They are using 10.2.1. 

Thanks in advance.

John

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnFannon

Thanks - I've done a bit more digging and found that the client has set the CONNECTIONS config setting to 999999. Looking at the docs, this could be the reason for the large memory usage, since shared memory is reserved for each possible connection.

I will get them to set a more sensible setting. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
JohnFannon

Thanks - I've done a bit more digging and found that the client has set the CONNECTIONS config setting to 999999. Looking at the docs, this could be the reason for the large memory usage, since shared memory is reserved for each possible connection.

I will get them to set a more sensible setting.