I'm instal arcSDE 10 but don't start service.
- I have server with windows 2008 r2 (64 bit)
- Oracle Database 11g Express Edition Release 22.214.171.124.0 (64 bit)
- Cliente oracle (32 bit) 10.2
- ArcSDE 10
Where try connect in ArcCatalog "Add Database Connection" and select oracle and error "ora-12154: TNS: could not resolve the connect..."
I have tried several times to achieve connect, create the SDE user, but I can not create a geodatabase.
What would be the steps to follow
1. create the oracle instance
2. install the arcsde 10 on the database server and all the necessary service packs
3. run post installation for arcsde using oracle credentials.
4. when post installation finish on the Desktop machine install Oracle Client 32 bit, same version to your DB
5. Create the Net Service on your Oracle Client
6. Create a Spatial Connection / Direct Connection from ArcCatalog.