ArcGIS Pro vs. dbo.DEFAULT

04-29-2021 04:29 PM
TimMinter
Occasional Contributor III

It dawns on me that maybe my post over there in "ArcGIS Pro" community https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/arcgis-pro-vs-dbo-default/m-p/1052852/highlight/t... would be a better fit here in "Data Management" community.

However, I could not find a way to move it here.  So...

thx,

tim

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimMinter
Occasional Contributor III

Running ArcGIS Pro 2.7.3 as the 'geodatabase administrator' account, using "Enable Enterprise Geodatabase" GP tool after creating SQL Server 2016 database per the instructions here:

...the GP tool finishes and reports success.

TimMinter_0-1620063571210.png

However, when I try to interact with the database connection, ArcGIS Pro tosses up:

TimMinter_1-1619720518662.png

Sometimes, but not always, I can run ArcGIS Pro as the 'data creator' account and paste a feature class into the database. After completing this step, I can close ArcGIS Pro running as 'geodatabase administrator' account, then start ArcGIS Pro as 'geodatabase administrator' account and everything appears to be working correctly. Sometimes I get stuck here.

Have any of you run into this, and do you have any ideas how to have a consistently pleasant and error free experience when enabling enterprise geodatabases?

thx,
tim

0 Kudos