Select to view content in your preferred language

Arcade Expression saving error

01-09-2024 02:01 PM
Labels (3)
vijaybadugu
Occasional Contributor II

I am getting an error while saving calculation Attribute rule in ArcGIS Pro 3.2.1

vijaybadugu_0-1704837658356.png

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MarlonAmaya
Esri Contributor

Hi @vijaybadugu ,

This is not an error I would expect. Are you working with EGDB? Have you tried refreshing the DB connection, close/open pro? What is your data type for the acres column?

I just tried your expressions and it works for me.

Marlon

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

Yes . I’m using EGDB SQL Server acres data type is double( 7,4 ). I did refresh database, connected as owner and reopened arcgis pro. Nothing is working .. 

0 Kudos
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @vijaybadugu  , did you check that your dataset is free for you to Lock it ?

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/overview/create-modify-and-delete-at...

"Before you create an attribute rule, ensure the data source is supported for the rule type and there is an exclusive lock on the underlying dataset. This means that no connections or services can be accessing the dataset."

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

If dataset is locked , it would throw a different error “exclusive locks …… “ . 

0 Kudos
MarlonAmaya
Esri Contributor

Hi @vijaybadugu ,

I have tested with Pro 3.2 with no issue using the same double (7,4) on SQL.

Are you able to create any attribute rule? what about another feature class? 

Marlon

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

I was able to do same in our development database. I don't know what exactly issue is  

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

I tried with different feature class and this time, I did it for long data type. I am getting same error . is something issue with EGDB?

0 Kudos
MarlonAmaya
Esri Contributor

Almost seems as your DB connection is unable to access the feature class. Are you able to view the FC properties via catalog? Create a new FC and add global ID's and see what happens.

Marlon

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

I tried Creating a new  feature class and same error. I updated the geodabase to latest and nothing is working  

0 Kudos