Need Help Setting up the Infrastructure Editing Toolbar

01-04-2012 10:27 AM
Labels (1)
BrianHumphries
New Contributor II
I have the "Infrastructure Editing Toolbar" installed on Arcgis10.

I'm having trouble getting the tools to work with SDE data.

Is there any detailed instructions on how to set these files up?

Mainly I would like to get the "ADD A Lateral" lines to work.

I am also having problems getting the Attribute Assistant to work with SDE data as well.

Maybe its me??? what am i doing wrong?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BrianHumphries
New Contributor II
Never mind I figured it out.
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
Brian,
  Glad you figured it out.  Let us know if you have any other questions.
0 Kudos
MikeLiska
New Contributor III
I am new to this as well.  I have downloaded the toolbar and would like to use it on a personal geodatabase.  How do I set it up so I can use the Add lateral and set measures on my own data?  Again, I am not to good with code and if there is some type of step by step that I could follow that would be great.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Mike,
   Open up the Infrastructure Reporting Toolbar, and click the last tool.  This dialog will show you where the config file is located.  In the config file, find the add laterals section and change this to match your data.  The set measures does not require any config change, just have a selected segment that supports M's.
0 Kudos
MikeLiska
New Contributor III
Mike,

I am trying to change the config file to work with my database. I am needing to use the add lateral tool to add a lateral from all my hydrants to a main water line.  What part in the config file do I need to change?  I am unfamiliar with coding and how it works.  Do I need to change the words to read what my featureclass name is or the alias name or to what I have it named in my Table of Contents?  I guess I do not know where to start and where to end.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Mike,
  You need to change the AddLaterals Section.  Use the Layer names in the TOC or the Feature Class name.  If you use the FC name, any definition queries or filtering on the layer will be ignored.
0 Kudos