Python? ArcMap? Dashboards? - Recent graduates share their experiences and advice

02-08-2022 11:09 AM
BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor
1 0 569

If I was about to graduate with a GIS degree (or looking to hone up on my skills in the field), rather than hearing advice from someone like me or others at Esri, I would want to know about the lessons learned from other recent graduates.

In this article, I sat down (virtually) with 3 recent graduates to get their thoughts on the skills and experiences that have been the most valuable to them. I really wanted to know what some of the gaps might have been in their GIS programs and what they have found themselves doing day to day.

ArcWatch - Wise Advice

wise-advice-screenshot.png

I'd love to hear about other's experiences as well. What skills, software, tools, etc. did you wish that you had been exposed to while in school? Or, were there things that you were grateful for getting exposed to?

Tags (2)
About the Author
Brian works as a Lead Engineer at Esri to support customers in Education. Brian has worked as a lecturer in GIS, supported non-profits through his community planning work, and honestly just loves working with users to help solve their geospatial quandaries!