Will the ESRI Training site ever be back online?

08-25-2016 09:20 AM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

https://www.esri.com/training  alternates between loading so slow it times out, to not loading at all. Problem is NOT with our internet connection, as all other sites, including Geonet, work fine on our Fiber Link. Was there some sort of announcement that it's down? When will it be back up?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I'm able to access https://www.esri.com/training#!/     (I am logged into Geonet, btw).  Maybe network/connection error on your side?

Edit:  noticed the support sites was having intermittent issues too...so probably related but at a different time. 

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

" Problem is NOT with our internet connection, as all other sites, including Geonet, work fine on our Fiber Link."

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Happened again yesterday, when we did a demo to our workforce on how to access and navigate e-learning. Was slow/not working all morning, and fine in the  afternoon. I'l reiterate, the first thing I checked was our trunk connection, emphasis on all other traffic/sites checked out fine, so the problem is not our infrastructure. 

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Any chance it's the Esri user you are logging in as...or are you connecting without being logged into geonet, AGOL, myEsri or an elearning user.  These of course could be all the same, but not always, so maybe there is a conflict.   Just trying to help troubleshoot.  I realize about 25 minutes have passed since you posted, but I'm not having anyissues right now. Fwiw.

0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry to hear, Thomas. I'm not aware of any major issues with the site yesterday morning, but I will say in general the site tends to like Chrome more than IE...just in case you're on IE.

DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor

Thomas, I also experienced alternating extremely slow loading or the Esri Training site not loading at all. I contacted our Training Services Team and they've corrected this issue and the Esri Training site is now working again. If you were attempting to attend the LTS - Introduction to Workforce for ArcGIS which started at 9am Pacific time, please try to attend the next session at 12 noon today or again at 3pm, both are Pacific times. 

Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, the Training site is definitely wacky today and many Esri staff are troubleshooting and trying to resolve the technical issues quickly. The site is performing well for some and not at all for others. We apologize for the inconvenience, the site should stabilize soon.